Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Green Tara


I have this picture of Green Tara hanging on my wall in my home. Goddess Tara is a female Buddha (although she originated in Hinduism) and meditational deity. She is considered to be the goddess of universal compassion who represents virtuous and enlightened activity.

She is believed to help her followers overcome dangers, fears and anxieties, and she is especially worshipped for her ability to overcome the most difficult of situations. Green Tara is intensely compassionate and acts quickly to help those who call upon her.

One legend of Tara is that she was born from the compassionate tears of Avalokiteshvara, the Buddha of compassion.

She is a constant reminder to me to act compassionately, with unconditional love. And of course she holds my favorite flower, the lotus, in her hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment