Friday, June 25, 2010

Teachers

Everyone and everything is our teacher, from the duck on the creek that I blogged about previously, to the driver that cut me off then proceeded to stop his car and scream at me, to my beautiful 7-year-old daughter, Lily, to my Maine Coon, Callie. Yes, there are ample opportunities for lessons, but if we're not aware, not present they are missed. They become one more overlooked opportunity for growth as we rush through life.

One of my teachers, Valerie, said her teacher's teacher said when something appears in our lives to just say "that's interesting," instead of labeling it bad, good, whatever. Ponder it, consider it instead of judging it and then say, what am I supposed to learn from this? There's usually a hidden gem that, with patience, will reveal itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment