Saturday, October 10, 2009

"Circumstances do not make you...they reveal you" Wayne Dyer

What does the word "reveal" mean? To make known; disclose; divulge; unveil. Here I am revealing myself to the world, my true goddess within, my soul, my wisdom, my pain, my joy. My husband of 11 years and father of my beautiful 6 year old daughter Lily wants a divorce, saying he has never loved me or felt any passion or romance or connection; he's already found someone else. Now, what does this reveal about me? I don't care what it reveals about him. I'm done trying to figure that out. Where do I go from here? How do I proceed? Do I hate him and fight him and beg him? No f'ing way! I'm a goddess. I deserve love just as much as he does. Right? Is that what I'm telling myself?? Love of self must precede love of others. It can't happen any other way. The Universe always give us what we ask for...like attracts like!

When I step back and really, truthfully dwell on the last 11 years, was it all bliss? Was I just comfortable, not wanting to rock the boat? Was my ego saying, See, you failed again? No, the marriage was not all bliss. I won't give details, as they're not necessary, and the past is the past. I will keep moving forward, excited to explore ME, what I want from life, what darkness I need to shed light on, what stability I can FINALLY provide for my daughter.

"Faith makes a way where no way seems possible..."

No comments:

Post a Comment